Inshorts CEO Azhar Iqubal is in the news these days for joining the Shark Tank India season 3 as the newest judge of the show. I am sure he will be a great addition, which is why I thought this is a good time to know at least all the basics about him. This will include every little information we could find about him on the internet, from Azhar Iqubal net worth‘s info to his age, qualifications and much more. This biography will include all of that.
|Full name||Azhar Iqubal|
|Born / Date of birth||7 October 1993|
|Current Age||30 years old|
|Profession or Career field||Tech entrepreneur|
|Famous for||Being a CEO and co-founder of Inshorts (2013), Public App (2018)|
Parents, Siblings, and Early Life
There is very little about his background on the internet. But we know that he was born in Kishanganj, Bihar, India in a Muslim family. He spent his childhood in the same place for most of his life. His schooling was also done in Kishanganj, Bihar.
|Nickname or Popular Name||Unknown|
|Zodiac sign or Sun Sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Kishanganj, Bihar, India|
|Mother tongue||Hindi but he may also speak Bhojpuri or Maithili|
|Caste or Varna||unknown|
|Food habit and Choices||Non-vegetarian|
|Hobbies and interests||Driving and travelling, especially road trips with his friends|
Physical appearance, Height, Weight & Measurements
|Physical stats & more||Values|
|Height (approximately)||in feet and inches – 5’7”|
in centimetres – 170.18 cm
in metres – 1.7018 metres
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms – 65 Kg|
in pounds – 143.3 pounds
|Figure measurement (approximately)||N/A|
Azhar Iqubal Wife, Family, Marriage & Personal life
|Relationship, affairs, boyfriend, or girlfriend||Unknown|
|Spouse (Wife or Husband)||None|
Azhar Iqubal Qualification and Education Background
He studied in a CBSE-affiliated private school by the name of Oriental Public School in his hometown of Kishanganj, Bihar. This school is controlled by Oriental Socio Education Trust. Later in July 2009, Iqubal went to IIT Delhi to pursue his higher studies, but he dropped out in July 2013.
Times Internet group TLabs conducted several seminars and events at IIT Delhi. These events were attended by Azhar Iqubal and his friends like Deepit and Anunay. These were the events where they raised Rs. 10 lakh in exchange for selling the 10% equity of their business idea. Companies like Flipkart and Snapdeal also encouraged him to go ahead with his ideas, as these companies were also expanding in India and were raising funds. He also thanked the Indian government for creating favourable economic policies in 2009 that helped new entrepreneurs like him.
|School||Oriental Public school, Kishanganj|
|College or University||IIT Delhi (2009 to 2012)|
|Education Qualification or Degree||Mathematics and Computer Science (IIT Delhi dropout)|
- Azhar Iqubal started studying at the Indian Institute of Delhi (IIT Delhi) in the Year 2009.
- In December 2012, Azhar Iqubal was in his 20s when he dropped out of IIT Delhi. Then he started a Facebook page named Inshorts along with his other friends Deepit Purkayastha and Anunay Arunav in the year 2013. On this page, he used to post news from different news websites in short form content. He used to present the summary of those news articles because according to him, reading an article takes a lot of time for an average person. So the best way to take the news to the public is to simply present it in a short summary.
- This page was so successful that they later developed an app for it. The app was first launched on Android phones on September 4, 2013. Later in 2015, they also launched this app for iPhones. The app used to post trending news with just under 60 words of summary. The aim was to present the story so that it could be read under 30 seconds of time, and that too free of cost.
- Later he had a full team of professional writers who could write content on his Inshorts. Daily articles posted on Ishorts used to fall between 80 to 100 new articles per day but once he had a full team and resources, he grew that number to over 500. He had already started monetizing his platform by now. He also took the help of tools like Google Analytics for tracking his growth. After Inshorts success in English news, they also started posting news in Hindi.
- According to Azhar Iqubal’s Facebook post, the Inshorts app is not just successful, but a massive amount of people use this as well as his other apps daily. He put that number at 1.2 crore Indian users daily.
- Azhar also found another app in the year 2019, which was a location-based social media networking app. Millions of people have uploaded their videos on this platform. It gained 10 million users in just 6 months of its launch and currently has more than 50 million users. Its success led it to a recent funding round, where it raised around 35 million dollars.
- In the year 2021, it was reported that Inshorts had a total valuation of 550 million dollars. So far, this startup has raised around 119 million dollars during its multiple rounds of funding. Some big investors in the Inshorts app are Vy Capital, Tiger Global, Rebright Partners, SIG Global, Tanglin Venture Partners and Times Internet.
- In October 2023, he joined Shark Tank India season 3 as a new Judge. Shark Tank is the show where the new entrepreneur comes up with their ideas and businesses, judges listen to their pitch, and then they invest in the contestant’s business if they see it worthy of their investment. Azhar Iqubal does not have long experience as an angel investor. So far he has invested in only one startup by the name of Quickpay. But that is going to change with his entry into Shark Tank since this show is all about investing money in the startup ecosystem of India.
- Other judges who have been part of this show:-
- OYO CEO Ritesh Agarwal, Zomato CEO Deepinder Goyal
- BoAt Co-founder and CMO Aman Gupta
- CarDekho Group Co-founder and CEO Amit Jain
- Shaadi.com Founder Anupam Mittal
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals Executive Director Namita Thapar
- SUGAR Cosmetics co-founder and CEO Vineeta Singh.
- Leshkart’s co-founder and CEO Peyush Bansal
- BhratPe’s former co-founder and managing director Ashneer Grover
Further, it needs to be said that judges of Shark Tanks are often the people who lead some loss-making company. That is the case with many other judges of this show. And same as them, Azhar Iqubal’s Inshorts has delivered more than 31 million dollars in nett loss in the financial year of 2021-2022 up 1.7x year-on-year whereas its operating revenue has gone up from 13 million in FY21 to 18.9 million dollars in FY21.
Political and Social Life
He does not have a political career as yet. Political people and organizations with political leanings that he follows on Facebook are Narendra Modi, Arvind Kejriwal, The Quint, The Hindu, NDTV, Hindustan Times and a few more. Even with this information, you can’t conclude what his political leanings are, and he has not expressed them till now towards any party.
|Company or Institution for Social Cause||None|
|Political Party affiliations or leaning||Not known|
Awards, Nominations, and Honour
He has received many awards and nominations so far. Some of them are as follows:-
- Business World Young Entrepreneur Award
- Leaders of Asia Award
- The Most Enterprising Brands
- Fortune India 40 under 40 in 2016
- Business World 40 under 40 in 2018
- Forbes India 30 under 30 in 2018
- Forbes Asia 30 under 30 2018
- Entrepreneur of the Year in the Media sector, given by Entrepreneur India Magazine in the year 2022
So far, there are no major Controversies that he has been a part of.
Style, Status, and money – Azhar Iqubal Net Worth in Rupees
There is no source which can give his accurate net worth worth but according to some rough estimates, his net worth should be well above at least 50 crore since he is co-founder and CEO at Inshorts and he also owns many expensive cars. Please keep in mind that Inshorts current estimated valuation is well above Rs. 3700 crores.
|Salary (approximate earning)||Azhar Iqubal income is not known|
|Net Worth (approximate amount)||Above 50 crore|
|House and other properties||House in Kishanganj, Bihar|
Vehicles – Bike and Car Collection
- MINI Cooper
- Porsche 718 Boxster
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Likes, Preferences, and Favourites
- His Facebook profile does mention some of the things that he likes. From that information, we can tell you that he likes to watch the news a lot and some of his favourite news channels are CNN News channel, Hindustan Times, India Times, and Press Trust of India – PTI.
- When it comes to movies and TV shows, we don’t know his favourite film, but he does like a CNBC-TV18 show by the name of Young Turks. This is one of the longest-running TV shows that covers the life of young entrepreneurs along with their journey and struggles. Other shows that he likes are on Discovery Channel.
If we are talking about food, he has liked a page by the name of Mini Mughal, which sells a lot of non-veg Indian food.
|Favourite food||Dal Chawal|
|Favourite movies||Chak De! India|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Subjects||Mathematics and Computer Science|
|Favourite books||Whatever happened to some good ol’ love?|
Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
Book by Phil Knight
|Quote he likes||Bill Gates, “Life is not fair, get used to it”|
|Music and Songs||unknown|
|Sports||SkyDiving and Scuba Diving|
Less-known facts about Azhar Iqubal
- His app Inshorts is one of the leading English news apps in India with a user base bigger than 10 million.
- When it comes to taking inspiration, he was inspired by Sachin Bansal which is why he went into the startup world.
- His family was facing some troubles while he was studying at IIT Delhi.
- He has visited many countries as he is a big fan of travelling.
- Times of India published an article about him in 2015. 2015 was still his growing phase in the startup world, so it was still an accomplishment to get featured in a big newspaper.
Social media accounts
|Facebook page||His FB profile|
|Twitter profile||Inshorts Twitter page (personal profile not found)|
|Azhar Iqubal LinkedIn|
|Wikipedia||Azhar Iqubal Wikipedia not found|
|Website||His Inshorts Website|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is Azhar Iqubal?
Azhar Iqubal is a tech entrepreneur, co-founder and current CEO of the Inshorts app. He has also founded other apps such as Public App, which is a social media networking app.
Who is the co-founder of Inshorts?
Inshorts was co-founded by Azhar Iqubal, Deepit Purkayastha and Anunay Arunav in the year 2013.
Who is the founder of Public App?
Azhar Iqubal is the founder of Public App, an app designed to act as a social media network.
Thanks for reading our article. This is all we have on Azhar Iqubal Net Worth, Age, Biography, Qualifications, Wife, Income and more so far. If you found our content interesting then you can also share this article with your friends and family along with bookmarking our website.