Lal Bahadur Shastri was the first prime minister of India. He was born on 2 October 1904 and he shares his birthday on the same day as Mahatma Gandhi.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the one who gave the famous line Jay Jawan Jay Kisan this slogan became very popular during the Indo-Pakistan war in the year 1965.
Bahadur Shastri was born in Mughalsarai Uttar Pradesh. His parent’s names were Sharda Prasad Shrivastava and RamDulari Devi.
We are sharing some quotes from Lal Bahadur Shastri on the day of Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti
Quotes by Former Prime Minister Shastri Ji on this day of Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti
These are some of the quotes that we are sharing with you on Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti which you can further share as Lal Bahadur Shastri Status.
- We believe in the dignity of man as an individual, whatever his race, color or creed, and his right to better, fuller, and richer life.
- We believe in peace in the settlement of all disputes through peaceful means, in the abolition of war, and, more particularly, nuclear war.
- Our way is straight and clear – the building up of a socialist democracy at home, with freedom and prosperity for all, and the maintenance of world peace and friendship with all nations abroad.
- We must fight for peace bravely as we fought in war.
- Our country has often stood like a solid rock in the face of common danger, and there is a deep underlying unity which runs like a golden thread through all our seeming diversity.
- The unique thing about our country is that we have Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, and people of all other religions. We have temples and mosques, gurdwaras and churches. But we do not bring all this into politics… This is the difference between India and Pakistan.
- We can win respect in the world only if we are strong internally and can banish poverty and unemployment from our country.
- India will have to hang down her head in shame if even one person is left who is said in any way to be untouchable.
- The basic idea of governance, as I see it, is to hold the society together so that it can develop and march towards certain goals.
- We believe in peace and peaceful development, not only for ourselves but for people all over the world.
So what are your thoughts on Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti? Do share them in the comments down below.
If you want to see more interesting content then please explore our website starting from our Homepage